The Irvine International Academy is committed to providing accurate and transparent information regarding
COVID-19 cases on our campus, while maintaining privacy and confidentiality for our students and staff.
The data below represents the number of confirmed positive COVID-19 cases, reported
within the last 14 days, among District students and staff on our campuses (in-person instruction only)
and at District facilities. Dashboard data is updated within 24 hours of a confirmed case and
notifications to school communities and to staff at IIA facility. Please note, the Dashboard is not
updated on weekends, non-school days or holidays. In the event of a positive case or close contact, as
defined by the California Department of Public Health, school communities are notified directly by the
principal or school staff.
IIA Mask and COVID Policies
Irvine International Academy considers the health and well-being of our students and staff a priority. With that in mind, we are sending this messagefor your awareness.
Please use the following information from the California Department of Public Health and the linked decision tree to help keep all of our IIA students safe during a COVID-19 exposure or if your student is showing symptoms of COVID 19.
- Student has a confirmed COVID-19: SEND HOME. Isolate even if vaccinated or recently infected. COVID-19 is very contagious. If you have symptoms of COVID-19, you should self-isolate to prevent spreading the disease to your family, friends, and community.
- Student exposed to COVID-19: Schools may consider permitting asymptomatic exposed students, regardless of their COVID-19 vaccination status or location of exposure, to continue to take part in all aspects of K-12 schooling, including sports and extracurricular activities, unless they develop symptoms or test positive for COVID-19. It is strongly recommended that exposed students wear a well-fitting mask indoors around others for at least 10 days following the date of last exposure, if not already doing so.
- Student has COVID-19 Symptoms:
- Has the student had close contact (been within 6 feet for a total of 15 minutes or more over a 24-hour period) with a person who has COVID-19 [YES or NO]
- YES: SEND HOME. Isolate even if vaccinated or recently infected. COVID-19 is very contagious. If you have symptoms of COVID-19, you should self-isolate to prevent spreading the disease to your family, friends, and community.
- NO: Does the student have one of the following? 1)Documentation from a healthcare provider for an underlying chronic health condition that matches their symptoms, OR 2) A negative SARS-CoV-2 test; OR 3) Has a healthcare provider confirmed an alternate (non-COVID) diagnosis to explain the symptoms
- YES: The student's symptoms DO NOT appear to be related to COVID-19. The student can return to school if they remain without a fever (without using fever-reducing medicines like Tylenol or Ibuprofen) for at least one full day (24 hours) AND all other symptoms have improved, if allowed by school protocols. Contact the school for more information.
- NO: SEND HOME. Isolate even if vaccinated or recently infected. COVID-19 is very contagious. If you have symptoms of COVID-19, you should self-isolate to prevent spreading the disease to your family, friends, and community.
Symptoms of COVID-19 may include:
Fever or chills
shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
Muscle or body aches
New loss of taste or smell
Congestion or runny nose
Nausea or vomiting
Anyone with COVID-19 symptoms should be tested. Notify the school immediately, if they test positive for COVID-19 by calling the front office oremailing email@example.com.
We are committed to facilitating an optimal learning experience and ensuring the safety of our students and staff.